Job title: (Long Term Opening) Biology Scientist Intern
Fresh PhD graduates are encouraged to apply for this Biology Scientist Intern position. The Scientist Intern will perform molecular biology and chemistry lab R&D work under general and technical supervision. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become an important team member for molecular biology, NGS and other molecular R&D, manufacturing and diagnostic services.
- A PhD Degree in molecular biology, genetics, chemistry, or related field, is required.
- No work experience is required. Career development opportunity is offered. Experience of working in a molecular biology lab is preferred.
- R&D for various nucleic acid isolation technologies from various specimen types under supervision.
- Perform complex procedures include qPCR, RT-PCR and NGS library prep for sequencing services and BSL-2 diagnostic tests.
- Perform manufacturing of nucleic acid processing products.
- Understands safety procedures relating to a laboratory to include handling of infectious biological agents as well as potentially hazardous chemicals; appropriate hazardous clean up procedures; universal precautions and infection control procedures.
- Performs other duties as necessary. Assist in new product/process development, to optimize and validate assay performance and improve laboratory processes. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to implement experimental and manufacturing plans and achieve project goals; Communicate results of experiments with colleagues.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time Intern (contractor) position with a potential to convert into a full-time employee if a good fit. The successful candidate is expected to be paid $30 per hour based on their experience level and will receive a promotion if converted into a full-time employee.
Apostle is a provider of innovative technologies and services for public health and life sciences.
North America-United States-CA-San Jose
Website: www.apostlebio.com; www.apostledx.com
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Contract
Pay: $30.00 per hour
How to apply
Please send an email to: email@example.com